Standardized flavonoid alcohol based extract of Propolis. Contains biologically active substances with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, restorative, antioxidant and immunostimulatory properties.
Does not contain colorants, preservatives, sugar and GMO contents!
Propolis has positive treatment effects on the tissues of the mouth, throat, and stomach. For topical external use on the skin to effectively treat wounds, acne, and fungal infections.
Propolis is an amazing natural product and a specialized raw material used in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Products with Propolis are extremely useful and effective. Propolis is produced in the beehive during the everday activities of bees. It contains a mixture of tree resins, balsamic substances, and essential oils collected by bees mainly from the buds of willow, poplar and oak trees which are enriched by secretions from the bee’s glands. It is formed in very small quantities and used by the royal bee family as a sealent and disinfectant. It is used to seal the holes in the beehive and protects against moisture, wind, decay, and invading pests. In Greek Propolis literally means "the city defense”. It ensures and maintains the hive’s cleanliness and steriliness. Propolis is a complex substance with more than 150 types of ingredients: flavonoids, aromatic acids, aldehydes, coumarins, vitamins, and trace elements, etc… Its unique properties are well-known and have been used since ancient times, in Egypt it was used for embalming mummies. Today, it has been researched via modern scientific methods and applications have been found for it in modern medicine and cosmetics.
Propolis has clinically proven useful properties:
- Acts as natural antibiotic, stops bacterial growth, and attacks certain types of fungi
- Promotes wound healing, and supports treatment of inflammation and respiratory diseases, and acts as a local anesthetic
- Strengthens the immune system, performs the functions of an antioxidant
- Promotes oral health (gingivitis, periodontal disease, toothache, ulcers, herpes)
- Supports treatments for mucous membranes diseases, inflammation of the stomach and colon, Helicobacter pylori infections, and relieves rheumatic conditions.